Friday, September 18, 2009

Blog 1

If I were to be in Socrates' cave, I think that I would be one of those who are still inside the cave but instead made the choice to turn around, take a look at the fire, take off the chains and turn back around to watch the shadows again.

What I'm trying to say is that I've touched upon the subject of what all the great philosphers think about but I wouldn't really want to walk outside since I'm very comfortable with how I am living. I would have to agree with Cypher when he says "ignorance is bliss". Walking out into the light would be a huge dramatic change and realizing the fact that I've been liveing a lie my whole life and all the experiences and luxuries experienced were just fake would be a really devastating truth.

But why take off the chains? The reason for that would be that I might change my mind someday and actually walk out into the light. And maybe someday the question will bother me like an annoying itch and I would have to just run out of the cave. I've already discovered the fire behind me so it would be a thought in the back of my head, but for now I'm perfectly fine staring at my own shadow on the cave wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment